Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bringing My Watch Back to Life

My watch had a couple of problems, its battery was dead and the watchband was broken (note the missing buckle at the top).

So I pried off the back using my Leatherman Micra.


And then, I removed the battery and dropped in a replacement. I then pressed the back on. This took a bit of effort, as it's very tight - the watch is water resistant, so it must be tight!

Then, using the little band replacement tool which was included with the watchband, I replaced the band. The replacement tool is that little gray plastic oval at the top right of the picture. At its top, there is a little groove and that end's been narrowed to a point so it will fit into the gap between band and watch. The result - a watch that was practically good as new. I'd done this back in April 2011, it's now November 2012 and the watch has been running flawlessly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home