Monday, March 13, 2006

35 In The Log

After a late start to my running last week, I managed to still post a fairly respectable weekly total of 35 miles, made more exceptional by the fact that it was virtually all done over four consecutive days.

I ran 55 min on Thurs (6.3 mi), 45 min on Fri (5.3 mi), 1:45 on Sat (12.4 mi), and 1:20 on Sun (9.4 mi), then adding in the two micro workouts with my son on Tue and Thurs nites (1.6 mi each) during which I did a few drills (high knees, etc.) and I managed 35+ - after virtually no running until Thurs, I can't complain, though the lack of a true long run will hurt me a bit in Beantown.

I've decided to re-read Michael Connelly's 26 Miles to Boston: The Boston Marathon Experience from Hopkinton to Copley Square. It's worth noting that Connelly ran Boston as a bandit, something he's berated for in the Amazon reviews. I found the book to be an excellent vision of what the race is about for those of us who are mere mortals. I want to refresh myself on what to expect, so I can be sure to drink fully of the elixir that is the Boston Marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home