Sunday, April 16, 2006

Have I Got Stories!

Too bad I'm not sharing most of them right now. I will say that yesterday was on a par with Friday night, and, being of a certain age, I got to meet more of the legends in whom I take a greater interest than the stars of today. I have to say that one of the highlights of today was getting to meet Kevin Hanson (who loved it when I asked if he and Keith were twins...Kevin is five years older and that question is apparently especially bothersome to Keith...brothers will be brothers!) and having him say that the collegial atmosphere of the 1970's GBTC (Greater Boston Track Club) was what they've been trying to replicate. For those of you who don't know, the Hansons run the most successful developmental program in the country. (I suspect some will argue, but to me, Hanson's beats the others because they take what is often mediocre appearing raw material and make them national and world class...most of the other programs start with athletes that are much more proven.)

I'm antsy about the race, but there is a kind of calm - acceptance, I guess, that what's going to happen will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home