Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ping!

Last night, my son was playing around, swatting me with his shirt. He hit me in the face and I heard a ping sound. Suddenly, I was blind in one eye! The left lens of my glasses had fallen out of the frames and the frame had actually broken.

When my son saw what he had done, he burst into tears. He was afraid I'd be mad. What I needed to explain to him was that the glasses really were overdue for replacement. I showed him that the tip of one of the earpieces was broken off and that while I'd have been OK with nursing the glasses along for a while more, it wasn't that big a deal.

He seemed OK with that explanation, and actually laughed when I told him that the lens had dropped into my shirt pocket.

Oh, we got a letter from the school system today. He's been put into special education classes. For those of you who read regularly, you understand that this is a good thing. If you don't read this blog regularly, see this post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Congrats to your son for being so exceptional and for forcing you to invest in some new specs. Any chance you'll get some groovy shaped frames with diamond studs?? NO? Ok.

June 07, 2006 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home