Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Customer Service?

I maintain a PO Box for an organization. I checked the box today and found a message note dated 10/20 that box payment is due by 10/31. There was also a note that boxholder privileges have been revoked due to non-payment, the 10-day grace period has expired. I usually check the box about once a month during slow times, and more often during busy times. I dutifully tried to make an online payment today. I set up an account, then tried to make a payment, it failed. I can't link my box to my account. The error message said to call my local post office. So, what do you think I did? Right, I called my post office. Want to know what they said? They told me that the PO Box department closes at 1:00 PM and I should call back tomorrow between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM. The post office has been touting how easy they are to work with, and how they've been working to improve customer service - here's an example where they're a dismal failure.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

I've read that the U.S. Post Office has been laying off workers...the first time in its 200 year history!! Undoubtedly they're getting tough competition from the private sector, PLUS, many people use the internet now to communicate AND send holiday cards.

December 03, 2008 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home