Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Long Run With My Son

Matthew and I took a run yesterday morning with one of the local clubs. We had to scramble home afterwards because he had a bass guitar lesson. The result was a run with very little social interaction. We ran a longer route because this club moves their Saturday run's starting point for the winter season. The result was that the run, which would have been about 5 miles was likely closer to six. My son was complaining during much of the return. While I find that an out and back route is a benefit because it makes bailing out on a run early difficult, my son complained that it feels like he's running forever and that without laps like in the local park, he can't measure progress incrementally. It was interesting to hear that different perspective.
I started the run needing to hit the bathroom, but was able to make a quick detour in the park to take care of my need. The run took a lot longer than I realized, after a few minutes of rest, I guessed at the time, and it was over a half-hour off (I guessed less.) We tried to stop for a doughnut on the way home, but the shop was closed, so we got a couple of lousy fast food breakfast sandwiches.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

You made the possible donut stop on the way home sound better than the couple of lousy fast food breakfast sandwiches???

November 10, 2008 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home