Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Great White Whale

Call me Lardbutt. In six weeks of reduced activity, I've gone from a fairly lean 160 lbs. to a blubbery 174 lbs. as of this AM. So, if I am to succeed in running a good marathon at Boston, I have some work to do. Quick math tells me that I should try to be down to 160 lbs. before year end, roughly some 80 days from now. Thus, in 11 1/2 weeks, I plan to be 14 lbs lighter. I should say that I'd had a bit of fluids this morning, so I may actually be a tad lighter than I'm claiming. Regardless, I must now buckle down and "do as I say."

So, the "lose 10 pounds, fast" concept suddenly has value to me. I must lose a bit over 10 lbs. in fairly quick order. I have been preaching the gospel of sensible eating while living a life that proves I have feet of clay. Well, it's time to remake those feet and put them back to use in building my base conditioning for Boston.

I should further say that I am now almost 25! pounds heavier than I was last August at 151 lbs. - my recent low weight. So, it's not like this has been a surprise, though the magnitude of the recent change was. Over the next few days, I will share with you a bit more of my eating and tactics I'm using to get the weight down. I hope you enjoy seeing me actually walk the walk, in addition to talking the talk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thinnmann said...

Scooter,
Who are you? You saw me at holmdel?....

October 12, 2005 11:57 AM  
Blogger Thinnmann said...

o duh - hi wayne~!

October 12, 2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

You've done it before, you know what has to be done, like NIKE would say, "JUST DO IT!"
Happy trails, Bruce

October 13, 2005 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home