Thursday, December 29, 2005

Four In The Rain

After a couple of days of unseasonably warm weather, we're about to regress to the mean (geekspeak for return to normal). I figured I'd grab off what will likely be my last shorts and tee shirt run of the year. I ventured down to the local park and banged out 4 miles. I was nervous about running on the roads because of compromised visibility since the rain had already begun.

The park is 0.8 miles around. I knew that it usually takes me between 6½ and 7½ minutes to do a lap, so, based on my starting time of ≈7:31AM, I kept running the math, based on 7 minute laps. First lap, 7:38; second, 7:45; third, 7:52; fourth, 7:59; finish (fifth), 8:05; and when I got back to the car and turned the key to put on the clock - 8:05!

I headed home to shower and prep for work. I realized that even on a run this short, I'd chafed my nipples. I need to remember the Band-Aids for all wet weather runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home