Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Goals

A recent discussion reminded me of the importance of goals. Since Boston, I've been a bit aimless, so I decided to establish two short-term running goals:

Run a 5K in under 20 minutes.

Requalify for Boston this fall or winter.

While these two goals may seem very divergent, the first should be a very short term one, likely requiring only about 4 weeks of fast running to achieve, once that's done, prepping for a fall marathon becomes the primary goal. Thus, there is little conflict between the two.

Remember, a goal without a schedule is just a dream.

3 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy! WOW!! A sub 20 minute 5k is really FAST! What is your current 5k PR? Happy trails, Bruce

June 27, 2006 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where does the Boiler Maker fit into your plan? I thought you were running that as a goal race too.

Any chance I'll see you in Philly this fall?

June 27, 2006 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps, that last post was me.

Randy

June 27, 2006 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home