Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Walking To School

Today was Walk Your Child To School Day at my son's school. It's an international initiative to improve health, reduce pollution, and build awareness of students walking to school. We walked with a neighbor, her son, and their dogs. On arrival, she needed to leave, dogs aren't permitted on school property. (She walks most days and hadn't realized it was Walk to School Day.) I headed over with my son so he could sign the big "I Walked" poster and get his "I Walked" sticker.

Once there, I ran into a friend from back in my son's daycare days. He's also a runner, but more of a track guy. We chatted a bit, and he said he'd informally bring his kids by the youth program I coach. We decided to forego the coffee and doughnuts in the school. I then cruised home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Hey!! I want a sticker. I walk my daughters to school everyday.

October 05, 2006 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home