Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Chariots of Fire

My son, who's 8, and I recently watched the movie "Chariots of Fire" at home on DVD. We broke it up into several pieces so as to avoid interfering with homework. I knew some of the topics, like the anti-semitism displayed towards Harold Abrahams and Eric Liddell's commitment to honoring the sabbath, would need to be explained, so the DVD player was stopped with some frequency, especially early in the movie. When it was done, I asked him if he enjoyed it, he said he did. I can't be certain if this was a "I'll say what I think Daddy wants to hear" or if it was genuine. I want to believe it was the latter, and his willingness to challenge me on other things makes me think that if he wasn't enjoying it, he'd have said so.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich Swingle said...

I perform a play on Eric Liddell. For more information, visit RichDrama.com/BeyondtheChariots. Follow RichDrama.com/Itinerary. Hope you and your son can enjoy it some day.

in Christ alone,
Rich

December 05, 2006 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home