Sunday, January 07, 2007

Excellent Chocolate

Those of you who are regular readers of this blog remember that my family went to HersheyPark this summer. One of the outcomes of that was that I tried a new chocolate bar. I favor dark chocolate, and while I enjoy milk chocolate, I'm not a big fan of Hershey's, though I'll acknowledge eating it. Dark chocolate, when well made, can be a superb taste experience. I've found that when the cocoa level exceeds 70%, it's too intense for my liking. One of the bars I found at the Hershey store was their Cocoa Reserve 65% cocoa bar. I tried it and found it to be wonderful. I won't claim that chocolate is health food, though it does appear to contain some excellent antioxidants. Still, in modest amounts, it can be an excellent treat. It takes a bit of work to find these bars, but Target carries them. At $2-3 per bar, they aren't cheap, but I ration them out and they will last me 3 or 4 days and that will generally sate my appetite for chocolate for a couple of weeks, so it's an inexpensive indulgence.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home