Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Six Eyes!

I've worn glasses since fourth grade. Of course, at the beginning, I was pretty uncomfortable with them. About a year ago, I started to find the need for reading glasses. In high school, I got contacts. When I asked last year, my eye doctor told me to buy a pair of "cheaters" to wear with my contact lenses.
For various reasons, I've often found myself wanting to have a pair of glasses that would cover all my needs. When wearing my glasses, I'd often lift them to read, especially in low light. Last week I celebrated my 48th birthday. Two weeks ago, I'd gotten a pair of progressive bifocals.
I'd been warned by someone to be careful at the top of stairs, as peripheral vision can be compromised. My optician validated that. I found that a half hour of wearing got rid of that quease inducing feeling of motion.
I still often start to lift my glasses to read fine print, until I realize that I no longer need to do that. Old habits die hard. I will say that they work well, and if I want, I can read myself to sleep again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home