Sunday, July 29, 2007

Takin' A Stroll

A friend of mine was an Olympian back in 1956, in the racewalk. He refers to a long, slow aerobic workout as taking a stroll. That was my gameplan for today. I walked for an hour and forty minutes. I did make two brief stops, one near the beginning, as I passed my next door neighbor, who was out walking her dog; the other near the end, when I passed the house of a running friend who I hadn't seen since the four mile race on July 4. He was out in his yard, having completed his 30 mile bike ride.

For whatever reason, this walk seemed to be a collection of little vignettes, so I figured I'd share a few:

Favorite car - E-type Jaguar (aka the XKE), seen being driven early on my walk, it was a pale yellow colored coupe (for those of you who don't know the car, it's the closed version of Austin Power's Shagmobile).

Friends/acquaintances seen: 4 - the two mentioned previously, a neighbor from behind my house, who'd run in Wednesday's race (she was biking), and a kid whose class I've substitutede for, who was in a car with his Dad and someone else.

I can say that this was my longest workout this year. Strolling is good!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home