Monday, October 29, 2007

Track and Field Hall of Fame

I had the chance to visit the National Track and Field Hall of Fame at the Armory in New York City. I very much enjoyed many portions of the museum portion of the Hall, but was disappointed that the Hall didn't have a series of plaques or some similar form of biographical information on the athletes enshrined there.
I felt very hopeful when, on expressing my disappointment, I was put in contact with an employee who seemed to take note of and understand my concerns. We'll have to see if any of my comments seem to result in changes.
Two decent photos I got there were of:
New Balance Trackster - dating from the early 1960's, this shoe may have been the first commercial American made distance running shoe.
1972 New York City Marathon Program - this was from the days when the marathon was run entirely in Central Park.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy Wayne!
Nice article!! I see that Jesslyn Cummings has disappeared from about.com running/jogging forum. Have you thought about becoming a guide? You would be a good one!!

October 30, 2007 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home