Sunday, May 04, 2008

Racing For The Cure

My wife is a trainer. The gym where she works ran in the local Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure. My son, who's nine, joined her team. He ran a solid race, posting a 26:27 (and comfortably beating my wife's 30:00). What I found a bit remarkable was that he was the first finisher from the gym, including a fair number of other trainers. I am quite proud of his performance.

I was not there to see it, having spent the day coaching a very small group of my athletes at a track meet. Since things were well in hand, when a call went out for judges for the Turbo Jav (the form of javelin that kids throw today), I volunteered. Along with getting a bit of sunburn, I had a nice time.

Finally, Running Chick posted a link to a great sportsmanship story. She said it's worth a read, I concur.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home