Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sore Ass!

Last night was brutal! No, it really was, but that has little to do with the sore ass. I went to the gym yesterday, it was the first time in many months. I wanted to try to get myself back into shape, but I know the road will be long.

Here's what I did:
Leg press at 190 - 2 x 10
Leg Curl at 60? - 2 x 10
Pull Ups (with 70 assist) - 1 x 5
Walk (treadmill) - 30 min - just over 2 miles

Here's what I learned:
I need to relearn how to pack for the gym - I walked in without shoes (they were in the car), had no towel (had to rent one), and brought no toiletries (scruffy the rest of the day).
I also need to keep away from the locker room around 2:30 - the high school swim team is prepping for practice, were I a pedophile, I might enjoy that, but I wound up feeling uncomfortable and I suspect they were too.

You know who was there? The girl who walks on the treadmill at a BIG incline and holds on the whole time. You know the one, she wants to look like whe's working out really hard, but really isn't. I think there's one of them at your gym, right?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jank said...

His name is Russ, and he's on college break, and in a band.

Packing is tough, tough. Change of seasons always throws me for running at lunch.

December 18, 2008 6:47 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

Congrats on returning to the gym! I find that January is the busiest time of the year at my gym due to the New Year's resolutions...by February attendance is back to normal. I always have a fully stocked gym bag permanently in my Oldsmobile trunk, just in case I want to do a spontaneous workout.

Yup, my gym has several girls who are dangling from the treadmill's steep grade, but what really bugs me are the grannies who are chatting nonstop at the top of their voices (are they deaf or perhaps want everyone in the gym hear their stories about the grandchildren) with the top speed of 1.5 mph right next to my treadmill.

December 20, 2008 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah that's hilarious! I totally know what you mean about the pretend workout'ers! I have a guy at my gym who knocks out 8 minutes on the treadmill at 11 miles an hour and calls it quits for the day. Maybe he has some kind of 8 minute race I don't know of. Likewise, maybe your gym friend has a hilly trail race that happens to provide guide rails :P

January 03, 2009 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home