Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Butt is Still Lard Laden

I got on the scale this morning to see how my diet was progressing, and the results were less than thrilling. Having expected to see an number close to 165, I saw instead 169.5. I could rationalize it, raising the issue that I had drunk about a pint of liquid (about a pound) and was dressed (another 1/2 to a pound), but in the end, it does not really matter. I have to ratchet up my efforts (not the easiest thing in a house chock full of Halloween treats).

I have been to the gym every day this week, so I am burning some calories, but my weight lifting and running may have caused some fluid retention as my body tries to repair some tissue damage. All this said, I must buckle down and get the weight off. My goal (if I haven't said it before) is 160 by year end.

3 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy Wayne! Remember, muscle weighs more than fat and since you've been to the gym working out you've probably have gained some heavy muscles! Best to take your measurements rather than your weight...tough to rely on measurements when you're a runner who wants to be light and fast. Happy trails, Bruce

November 03, 2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger Run for Chocolate said...

I agree with my fellow commentor. I think weight is a tricky way to measure progress. I think you need to look at you feel, how your clothes fit, etc. I started running four years ago and yes, have actually gained weight. Also, I am 5'7" and weigh 140-145lbs, so 160 sounds pretty low to me!

November 06, 2005 8:19 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Halloween treats are evil!! I've been trying to eat a few grapes when I get the urge for the kit-kats, but I usually falter before bedtime (probably when they're the worst for me). Good luck fighting the mini-snickers demons.

November 08, 2005 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home