Saturday, November 26, 2005

Noise May Cause Heart Attacks

A recent German study seems to show a link between high levels of noise and the frequency of heart attacks. I saw an article about the study in Forbes Magazine's website. While the study can not be regarded as conclusive, it certainly raises an interesting issue. It should also encourage local authorities to enforce noise ordinances. One of the more interesting twists is that environmental noise seems to increase the heart attack risk in men by only 50% but in women by 200%, yet workplace noise seems not to affect women while increasing the heart attack risk for men by 33%.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Hi,
I saw your comment on my other blog. I've sort of combined my running blog and personal blog into one thing now. Anyway, you can look at the HTML source of almost any page by right clicking somewhere on the page and selecting "View Page Source." Hope that helps!

November 28, 2005 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home