Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Another Thanksgiving Is Imminent

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who read this blog! Thanks for being there. Your comments help me to know that I'm not shouting into empty space.

I wanted to post a link to last year's pre-Thanksgiving post. It has several tips to help with weight management on Thanksgiving. Here it is a year later, I weigh more...so, have I learned anything? I think I have, to last year's list of how I will control my eating on Thankgiving, I'll add:
filling up on plain vegetables (raw or steamed/boiled - no sauces)
minimizing my intake of cheese served as an appetizer (I LOVE cheese, there's no other way to say it, and I often tend to overeat it, not arriving hungry should also help with this.)

I do face a minor exercise challenge. I have scheduled another activity on Thanksgiving morning in place of my usual race (I will be at the race, just otherwise involved). So, the question becomes: Do I run the course after the race? Do I get out early for a pre-race run? Also, a storm is expected to hit the NY city metro area in the overnight - just how bad will the weather and road conditions be in the morning?

On a more somber note, Ruth M. Siems, the lady who invented Stove Top Stuffing died. I saw it in the New York Times. Her obituary can be found here (Note that the link will go bad in about 2 weeks; after that, you'll need to pay to see it. Also, you must register for at least portions of the Times site.) I found the timing (shortly before Thanksgiving) to be a bit ironic.

Finally, I hadn't pointed it out before, but I've been blogging for over a year now, so I'm counting this as my anniversary post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Happy anniversary! Great tips for weathering the Thanksgiving storms...er, wish I had read it *before* going over to the parents' house for dinner. :)

November 24, 2005 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home