Friday, January 20, 2006

Big Is Better!

In my town, there's a burger restaurant which uses the tagline, "Big Is Better!" as part of their marketing. They offer adult burgers ranging in size from 5 1/2 oz. (precooking weight) up to 20 oz. (precooking). For many diners, getting the biggest burger they can eat is a point of honor. I am pleased to say that I have never gotten anything larger than the smallest burger.*

They also recognize overindulgence by taking and posting a photo of any adult who consumes an entire One Pounder (20 oz. pre cooking) or child who consumes a half-pounder (10 oz. pre cooking). The place has a fun atmosphere, but it does encourage overindulgence.

My son has threatened to get a half-pounder in order to get on the wall, but has chickened out whenever ordering time was upon us. (I've told him that if he orders it, he will be expected to finish it, so there is the implied threat of possibly getting sick from this.) I must say that I am confident in my ability to eat a one-pounder, but have held back because it is so unhealthy. One of these days, I'll seriously damage my eating plan and get my picture on the wall.

I have mixed feelings about this place because they do so much to encourage overconsumption, but since it's fun, I go occasionally.

*Someday, this will change. Hopefully exactly once.

1 Comments:

Blogger 40 Something said...

Reminds me of the 64 ounce steak Bobby Hill ate on KING OF THE HILL.

January 21, 2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home