Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Intergalactic De-Lurking Week


One of the blogs I check regularly is See Jane Compute. I was turned onto it by the geek side of Flashes of Panic. One of Jane's recent posts pointed out that this is (Inter)national De-Lurking Week. So, I wanted to spread the word - for two reasons; I am not sure how many of you read my blog and whether you find it informative AND the idea of getting more feedback from readers to bloggers may result in a more responsive blogging community.

As a result, I did a little homework, finding couple of sites that had artwork pertaining to this concept and shamelessly stealing them. Then, since, in the great American tradition of bigger is better, as exemplified by such fine groups as WWE and the State of Texas, I figured I should change this from merely National or International De-Lurking Week into Intergalactic De-Lurking Week.

So, I stole the "Would It Kill Ya" from See Jane Compute and she'd apparently linked it from Paper Napkin, who may be the source of this whole thing. She had announced it in mid-December and linked back to a post from a year ago where she has four amusing pieces of art to encourage comments (which she invited us to copy, so, perhaps I shouldn't feel shame).

Stop lurking and post a comment! If you're a blogger, then help spread the word that it's Intergalactic De-Lurking Week.

5 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I read your blog every day! I've learned a lot from reading what you write here as well as at About, so thanks for all the advice!

January 11, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger 40 Something said...

Why not Intergalactic De-Lurking Month, Year or even Millinium?

January 11, 2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Doh! Intergalactic...why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, probably because my sitemeter hasn't shown any recent visitors from outer space. :)

Anyway, officially de-lurking over here. Hello!

January 12, 2006 1:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just stopped by on a tip from di. haven't read ANYTHING except this post. so...i'll poke around a bit, if you don't mind!

hope i can post a baa post soon, too!

January 12, 2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Scooter, I'm de-lurking myself. Congrats on your BAA entry.

January 16, 2006 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home