Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Powered By Adrenaline

When running, adrenaline gets flowing, especially when you are going fairly intensely. In yesterday's post, I mentioned striking a minivan when it stopped in my path. I had a bit of soreness in my hand through most of the day yesterday and the area behind the sore knuckles was pretty swollen. When at the library last night, I managed to bump the sore area against a desk and it seemed to really puff up after that. Today, my hand looks like this. You can probably pick out the purplish cast on two of my knuckles and some puffiness behind them. I guess I overdid it yesterday. The moving body combined with the adrenaline made me hit harder than I realized. I guess this soreness is part of what boxers go through, but with them it's both hands and head. I'm glad I don't box.



This morning, I ran just 4 miles and fairly easy. I lost one of my gloves, so after showering, I drove my route backwards and a half-mile from the end, found the glove. Maybe if I lose it again, I should replace it with a 16-ounce glove.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

I'll make sure I'll never park my car in your way!

January 26, 2006 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home