Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Forgive Me, For I Have Sinned

My right knee has a problem. It feels like the IT band or a bit of swelling. It's on the upper outside and it's one of those niggles - it just feels off. I have been having a bad week. I was slothful (sloth-like?) on Monday, intending to run in the evening, getting caught up in some computer stuff and never getting on the roads. (That was the first day this year that I did not run - so, out of laziness, I ended my longest running streak thus far at 36 days.) Meetings on Tuesday and today meant short runs with very little stretching. My body has gotten out-of-whack. I need to improve my behavior. Tomorrow, it's back to "normal" for me. A longer run with full stretching will hopefully drive real injury from my door. Now that I've confessed, I feel more contrite.

(PS - I think John Cotey may have slipped up as well, and that we may have tied regarding our dollar bet.)

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hey Scooter, responding here to your comment at my place - I'm still new, what's the protocol here. Yes, I've been stalking your blog a bit, I noticed we were the same age too, HS class of '77. I noticed and commented on your "Am I A Deer In The Headlights" post - I also got interested in running around the '72 Olympics, though I wasn't so bold as to vow to run Boston :-) Now I am, but really don't know if I can pull it off. Though I've been blessed with an efficient metabolism enabling me to stay below 150lbs at 6'0' without too much difficulty, my "achilles heel" are my shins (my actual achilles heels are great, thanks God). I've chosen the Vermont City Marathon to try to BQ. Time will tell if I can get the miles in to do it.

February 08, 2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

David,
I'm not really sure there's a real protocol regarding comment responses. I'm of the school that the response should be placed with the question - my reasoning, those who are reading along can follow the conversation w/o the need to go site to site. Am I right that VCM is at least a bit hilly? That can be a mixed blessing - hills help by making you change form, thus giving muscles a rest, also they can help improve leg turnover (at least downs). I'll be rooting for you to BQ.

February 09, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger David said...

Scooter, yeah, from what I hear VCM has hills, but not too intense, I'll see if/when I get there :-) It's true though, good point, ups and downs do help break monotony on the legs. Thanks for the vote of confidence, I'll see what I can do. Take care.

February 09, 2006 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home