Saturday, August 19, 2006

Third-World Driving and Yes! Deer

We took my son and some of his friends to a minor league ballgame on Thurday evening to celebrate his birthday. We had a nice time. I'll get some pix up this weekend.

Meantime, yesterday morning, I was taking my nephew, who'd slept over, back home. I heard a horn honk and in my rearview mirror see a car right up on my tail. The woman driving (No, I'm not trying to be sexist, the driver WAS a woman.) waves me over. I pulled aside because I didn't know what other stupidity this driver would do. She continued driving maniacally, and I quickly lost sight of her. I hope she doesn't cause anyone serious injury before her license gets revoked.

Last night, I went to a local linear park to do some speed work. As I was finishing up, I turned around to see if anyone was closing on me and I saw a doe staning on the path behind me. She looked at me, then meandered into the woods. I decided to follow and was treated to seeing her and a buck (stag? - I'll have to check the difference) in there. We had a bit of a staring match. The buck had horns about a foot long. After a few minutes of watching, I headed back out of the woods. It was just a nice, fun moment with wildlife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home