Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Confession Is Good For The Soul

...And maybe for the sole. (Bad pun, I know, sorry!) Miss (well, actually, Mrs.) JK Running confessed to skipping her runs last week. And Vince "Boston or Bust" Hemingson confessed to having chest pain. So, I guess it's my turn. My feet still aren't right. They're tight and the plantar warts are slow to shed. More significantly, I've been erratic (that's putting it mildly) about my workouts and my eating. This weekend, we had a couple of family events, and on Saturday, I ate to the point where I was on the verge of losing dinner from pure volume. On Sunday, I weighed myself. I was (unsurprisingly) up, believe it or not, I weighed 180! I decided to be very careful about my diet for a while, and aside from one Hershey's Kiss, I was good all of yesterday. I also weighed myself again, 175! How's that? Five pounds in a day! I'm the greatest dieter ever! OK, I'm fully aware the that weight loss was the weekend's overindulgences winding up in the toilet. Still, at 175, I'm 15 lbs. up from the weight I like to run at, and 25 over my "good" running weight. I'll have to watch out for harpoons if I go to the beach. (Not likely with the cold snap we're supposed to be getting here in the northeast. The weather that bred those horrible ice storms across the midwest should be getting here tonight. I hope we don't have much tree damage.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Hang tough with your personal "Battle of the Bulge!" Once you start training regularly again the pounds will melt off. Have you seen a doctor about having the warts surgically removed?

January 16, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

You told on me!!

Hey, we all overindulge every now and then, at least it didn't leave any lasting effects.

January 16, 2007 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home