Monday, February 12, 2007

Injury!

Nope, not running related. Eating related!

On Saturday evening, my family went out to dinner. We had some wings as an appetizer. As I took my first bite, my jaw seemed to cramp on the left side. I kept eating, and later in the meal mentioned that this had happened. While I felt fine, my wife and son pointed out to me that my face was swollen.

It blew up to where it was swollen about an inch, and covered from the bottom of my ear to about a third of the way down my neck. Other than some odd, slightly numb sensation which I felt was a part of the swelling, I seemed to have no significant ill effects.

As of right now, I have some very slight soreness near the jaw, about the equivalent of a bruise, and that seems to be the only lasting effect. Weird, huh?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

I hope you're not suffering from a jaw infection like I had in November! Maybe a quick trip to a dentist is called for?

February 13, 2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home