Thursday, March 22, 2007

Vermont

I spent last weekend in Vermont. We arrived on Thursday and I did some X-C skiing with my son of Friday. Conditions were a bit icy, as they'd just come off a thaw. The facility where I was skiing had groomed well, and the snow was "packed granular" or what I'd call "corn snow." It was fast, but easy. Really nice on the flats, but the hills hadn't been groomed and were really fast and chattery. On Saturday, we had gotten a big snow dump in the overnight, and it was flurrying through the day. They'd packed the snow, and the hills were excellent. I managed to blister a heel in the AM, so after a bit of field surgery*, headed out again in the afternoon with my wife and son. It was a good day.

*surgery consisted of lancing the blister which the guy at the ski area had "disinfected" by shoving the tip into a pot of water on top of the wood stove in the "lodge." Then, I stuck a Band-Aid over the hole. Afterwards, the heel was sensitive, but since I was going easy because of my son, no real problem.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home