Thursday, May 17, 2007

On Conditions and Cameraderie

Last night's practice for my youth track program was held in steady, heavy rain. Some of the workouts are unsafe in the rain, so I felt that interval work would keep them warm and make some progress on fitness. I think there was a special feeling of toughness and friendship that last night's workout created. I will say that the kids who are willing to run in conditions that are less than ideal are my stars. Track and field is competed in all kinds of conditions, so my feeling is that practices should never be cancelled (except for lightning...not really my feeling, I generally regard lightning as so minimal a threat as to be ignorable, but I am dicatated to by policies of both our host and our sponsor.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I agree that suffering in the weather "en masse" is always better than going it alone. That way all the gang can exaggerate about how bad it was later!

May 24, 2007 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home