Thursday, November 12, 2009

Long Time - No Write

This Fall has been pretty hectic. Im taking a course that I legimately find difficult - differential equations, and I had to move. The result is that things have been pretty crazed. I've had a lot of things I wanted to write about, but many have passed into history.

Here are a few things that have happened: 1) I spent a day assisting another author with a book - this relates to Johnny Hayes, the 1908 Olympic Marathon winner, on whom I've become something of an authority. 2) I gave a talk ont the 1908 Marathon and how it wound up establishing the standard distance of the marathon. 3) I've been asked to sit, as a student representative, on the math department's grade review committee. From what I understand, this does not demand too much time, but is a sign of the respect the professors hold me in, so I'm pleased to be able to do this. 4) If all goes well, I will meet the requirements for my teaching certificate by May, and will be employed as a teacher by September.

That's the quick version of things.

2 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

You will be a great teacher! Here's a quote that you might like: "If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn't want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher's job." ~Donald D. Quinn

November 15, 2009 3:29 AM  
Blogger greentigress said...

Wow, at differential equations, can't remember if i tackled them or not was a bit psychotic when i attempted maths A level...

I know that kind of thing is hard tho!!!

I like bruce am also very impressed with teachers!!

What an achievement that will be!!

November 16, 2009 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home