Friday, August 07, 2009

Fitness Plan - Revised

I've been struggling to get motivated to get myself back into running shape. It's been hard. I've decided that I will aim for daily activity - to me that means 5 days each week. After picking up my bike on Wednesday, I took it out for a short twenty minute ride on Thursday evening. Today, my son and I went for a walk of about an hour. We're going to run with an area club tomorrow morning. That will be three days in a row.
My hope is to integrate more activity into my day, and to keep it varied. The plan is to gradually build my aerobic condition while I strengthen by legs. Once I am comfortable running, I'll try to do that 3 or 4 days a week, with other activity on the other days.
I hope this will also help motivate me to drop some additional weight - I'm at about 185 lbs., I'd like to get down to about 165 by year end.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger greentigress said...

Good Luck scooter!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just gained 7 lbs so i have to be careful again from 2 days ago onwards - looking to lose OR maintain at the moment - which is a new approach for me

August 11, 2009 3:15 PM  
Blogger Fit for life Girl said...

Good Job Scotter! We all have our time when we slip back into old habits. Way to pick yourself back up and get on track! Reading this post was encouraging to me! Fitness for life!!!

fitforlifegirl

http://fitforlifegirl.blogspot.com/

August 13, 2009 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home