Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes

Actually, I really have nothing against them, but I had a pair of experiences recently that were a bit unsettling. The first was a pain in my butt shortly after I got dressed one morning. As I got undressed that night, I noticed an odd looking spot on my underwear. On examination, I realized that it was a spider nest. I dry my clothes on a line in the attic, and apparently this is one possible drawback.
The snake part of this comes from a run with my son. We'd gone to a local park where there are many hills and a lake. We ran down the hill to the lake and were running around the lake. My son went ahead to look for the path back, and suddenly he yelled, "Snake." It appeared to be a fairly large water snake - dark green, about 2 feet long and 2 inches across. It was kind of nice to see, but snakes have that "chill down your spine" effect when you first notice them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger greentigress said...

LOL - not a nice place to find a spider's nest!
I think one hatched at my fiance's while we were away because the place was covered with cobwebs and we were only gone a week, idk, maybe spiders are always like that

July 15, 2009 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home