Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finally!

Hey, I've got no real excuses. Today, I FINALLY got out for some aerobic exercise. It was a calm, cool morning, right around freezing when I started my hour-long walk. I covered just about 4 miles. Not a great deal, but if I'm consistent, my aerobic capacity should rise fairly quickly. The grass was all frosted when I started, but the sun had melted most of it off by ending time.

I have still not purchased a scale, but did but a calendar to serve as my training diary. I am also trying to do calesthenics to build some added muscular strength (and add to my daily calorie burn).

Actual running will begin soon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger greentigress said...

Good start Scooter!!!!!
Glad you are back!!

January 20, 2010 1:23 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

Alright Wayne! You're back on track!!

Who needs a scale? From active.com "Keeping tabs on your body composition can help you assess your weight-loss and fitness progress in a way that the scale (which measures only pounds) can't duplicate. These numbers will help you focus on losing fat, gaining muscle, and getting leaner — the best indicators of improved health and fitness."

January 21, 2010 4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home