Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Wandering Aimlessly

Having just qualified for Boston, I wanted to recover a bit, so found byself sitting on my butt a lot in the last week. I've pretty well decided that I'll run the Steamtown Marathon on October 9th. (http://www.steamtownmarathon.com/) I'm not sure how seriously I'll take it, but I need to keep some pressure on myself to stay in shape. Steamtown has the reputation of being fast and a net downhill, so it will give me some idea what running Boston will be like.

Steamtown also has a National Historic Site that should be wonderful for a railfan like me. (http://www.nps.gov/stea/) For those of you who are too young to remeber the age of steam railroads (and don't get me wrong, replacing them was the right choice for both environmental and cost reasons) being around a real steam engine when it's running is very special. That cloud of smoke being belched into the air, the sound of a real steam whistle, and the chuff-chuff-chuff as the wheels begin to turn ever so slowly make the experience special. If you get the chance to ride a real steamer, do it!

For those of you reading this for weight loss and health stuff, I have a couple of things that I'm planning to put up in the next several days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home