Thursday, September 08, 2005

Good Judgment - Finally!

After a year of chronic plantar fasciitis, I have finally decided to give up running (for a time). My hope is to be able to exercise moderately for 4-6 weeks while doing other things that will minimize impact on my feet and get more regular about stretching (something I am horrible about). I believe if I do this, I can be back to running pain free by early fall.
My plan calls for me to mix casual walking (as opposed to racewalking) with bicycling to maintain aerobic fitness. As soon as I am able, I will convert the walking to racewalking. Then, after a few more weeks without pain, will begin to add short runs into the mix. If my expectations are right, my mid-October or early November, I should be healed.
A word of explanation is in order here. The pain I was suffering from was causing a lot of fatigue and I was being less effective in many things in my life. My recent vacation allowed me time to think about this and come to this determination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home