Tuesday, December 13, 2005

First Cold One of the Season

This morning, I ran in 12°F (-11°C) cold this morning. It was the first time I went out in what I regard as serious cold (OK, for you Minnesotans, this is practically short sleeve weather). I did a bit over 4 miles in about 35 minutes. I think I collected some frost in the moustache. It felt pretty good. Since the run was pretty short, I didn't have any real problems with cold (numb fingers, etc.).

I was wearing my heavier tights along with a heavy zip mock-turtleneck shirt and a light shell. I was double gloved - a pair of knit gloves under a cheap baggy shell. I was also wearing a knit cap, Thor-Lo crew socks and normal running shoes. (I don't go the trail shoe path in looking for extra warmth.) Since it seems to be shaping up to be a cold winter, I might need to invest in a pair of wind briefs to keep my equipment warm on my longer runs as I prepare for Boston.

Stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home