Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sabotage?

Last night, I got home late for dinner and my wife had put my food in a bowl to keep it warm. I ate all of what was there. I'm not sure if it was sabotage...I think she really wants that dollar. I'm not sure if was her intent to sabotage me, but I ate half again what I should have.

I'm running a 10-mile race this Sunday, and while I know I'm undertrained, and may hurt my feet a bit, I'm putting it out there to test myself. Since snow is expected tomorrow, if I need to ice my feet, I'll walk barefoot into the snow after the race.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hope the feet don't give you any trouble. Good luck with the race this weekend. I'm interested in your barefoot-minimal shoe thing so I'll stay tuned. What kind of shoes do you train in now?

December 08, 2005 5:31 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I'm currently in Puma Heras and Adidas Boston. The last pair of shoes I retired were Mizuno Wave Spacers, and before that Nike Pegasus (non-minimal, though before that, was even in Nike Structure Triax). As you know, Lydiard tended towards minimalism in shoes. When I met him about a month before his death, when I asked him about my PF, he said to me, "Your feet hurt because they're weak." I couldn't argue, it changed my thinking. I made Boston this spring, thanks in large part to Arthur. I appreciate that you're helping to share his message.

December 09, 2005 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home