Saturday, April 01, 2006

My New Countdown 'til Boston

I visited Mike Power's Love2RunCanada blog and admired his countdown timer. He invited me to copy it, so I installed it and was immediately puzzled by the apparent appearance of an incorrect time. Then it struck me, the differential of an hour was appearing in order to compensate for the transition tonight to daylight saving time. I got it installed, and it seems to be working OK...but Mike's clock differs from mine by two hours. Now, I'm trying to figure out if Mike manually compensated for both daylight time and his being on Atlantic Time (versus the Eastern Time) that I, along with Boston, am on. I think a brief discussion with Mike is in order. Thank you, Mike, for your support.

1 Comments:

Blogger Love2Run said...

Hey Scooter,
yeah, I had some issues with Atlantic time and had to play with the settings to get it right according to my time zone. If you're 2 hrs behind me then we should be different by that...I think ;-)

good luck in boston, you will have a blast!

April 01, 2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home