Friday, April 07, 2006

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

Last night, I was feeling really tight, so I headed down to the high school track with my son. I wanted to get some strides in just to get in some activity to loosen up. As we pulled up, my son said, "There are people going around the track in wheelchairs." Sure enough!

It turned out that the local rehab hospital had brought their kids down to begin practice for the wheelchair racing season. Some of them really went, others just crept around, then there were the one on crutches or in walkers. All were working hard, trying to improve. Aside from some physical limitations, they're just like you or me - just trying to improve themselves.

It was nice to see, and I think my son learned a bit (though he seemed awfully interested in the mechanics of knocking down hurdles).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home