Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Congratulations And An Amusing Plot

I want to publicly congratulate Duncan Larkin for winning the Mohawk-Hudson River Marathon. He did it ugly, but he did it. After taking an early lead, he was passed at mile 11, but at mile 21 managed to retake the lead. He was disappointed with his performance, but in my book, a win is a win. You can read more about it on Larkin's blog here. Larkin tends to be a cynical observer of most things running. It's often a refreshing change from the feel-goodism that is so prevalent.

I don't know precisely what caused it, but Larkin has been conducting a campaign against Dean Karnazes and the Dean Karnazes media machine. He describes part of his campaign against Karnazes in his post. I'm unsure if the cause is the attention that Karnazes gets, while Larkin toils in relative obscurity. Regardless, I find it amusing. I think there's a real possibility that Karnazes has found the
Official Bill Rodgers Wonder Food

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home