Monday, May 28, 2007

Pudgy, Pasty, Chafing Thighs

Today, I ran a 5K for which I was totally unprepared. My son, who's almost 9 had been training. He posted a 26:07. I posted a 28:35. It was the first time he's beaten me. As I said to some people today, there's a lesson in it for both of us; for him, preparation pays; for me; lack of preparation makes you pay. I got what I deserved. He got what he deserved.
I am 20 pounds over my racing weight. I have done virtually no running. My fat thighs rubbed against each other. They're now sensitive...fortunately, it was only a 5K. I could really be paying.

2 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

What's you plan of getting back into shape?

May 29, 2007 6:27 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

The dreaded "chub rub"? Say it ain't so, say it ain't so.

Time to start walking the walk. You have the courage to admit being 20 pounds over your racing weight, so I have no doubt you have the will to lose it. After all, you want to be sure to give your son as many chances as possible to beat the old man by sticking around a long time.

May 30, 2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home