Thursday, August 16, 2007

More On 45 of 50

First, last night, I ran four miles along the Long Branch, NJ boardwalk. The term is a somwhat loose application, as today much of the northern portion is covered with concrete pavers. Though my lower legs were whining a bit, the run went easier than I expected.

Next, Bruce "Vegas Runner" Robison questioned my 45 in 50 goal. He's right, it's a long-term goal, and not too many misses could make it unmet. Still, I stand by it. My intent is to get into shape, and if I don't meet the numerical goal, my conditioning will still radically improve. Thus, even if I miss the goal by a narrow or even moderate margin, I'll stil have made great strides in terms of conditioning.

Bruce suggested establishing shorter, more "bite-sized" goals. He's right, but my goal would be 7 for 7 each week, so the short termers would be fairly moot.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Your blog reminded me of yesterday when I was browsing through the magazine section of the local Barnes @ Nobles Bookstore; was reading in the recent "Men's Health Magazine" that regular monthly article about some guy losing tons of weight...his secret, running on the boardwalk where the surface is fairly cushioned. Why is your northern portion covered with concrete pavers I wonder?

I have no doubts you'll make great strides in your physical condition as you've done it before and you know what it takes. Stating your goals publicly does make you more accountable too.

August 17, 2007 4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home