Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Questionable Behavior

In my town, there is a market with a difficult parking lot. Space is at a premium, and it's often necessary to wait for a space (though you can often get a space immediately for a quarter in the municipal lot next door - and it's often closer!). Yesterday, as I entered that lot, a car was standing at the end of the lot. I began to move around it in order to take a space. As I started to do this the car first began to roll to the left to block me, then chirped its tires as it accelerated hard for the space that was open directly in front of it. The car appeared to have been waiting for the car one space closer (about 8 feet) to the store to pull out so she cuold take that space. My actions seemed to have prompted her to accept the space directly in front of her in order to "protect her territory". I was then able to pull up and park easily, and the two or three cars behind me were also freed from their entrapment. As I walked from my newly parked car, I overheard women, with small children, I passed talking about how wrong her driving seemed to them. I have needed to work hard not to use expletives in describing this driver, but I think she deserved them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home