Sunday, January 11, 2009

Four In A Row

I was at the gym again on Sunday, and it was my fourth day there in a row. My back, though not a hundred per cent, is much better than it was. On the treadmill next to me was a 60ish woman who was using a program on the treadmill. The problem was she was in over her head. When it would speed up, she wind up running with her ass stuck out, hands clamped to the rail, keeping on the machine only by virtue of her arm strength. Of course, I was no prize myself. I had CNN on the TV in front of me, and there was a high speed chase in Kansas City being shown. I steeped off the left side of the belt, suddenly going off balance, getting out of alignment, etc. I'm sure it would have been a funny scene if I'd fallen off.
Anyway, I'm trying hard to diet. I'm burning about 400 calories each time I'm there. Since I started this the last week of last year, I think I should be coming into the muscles have grown, but no weight has yet been lost phase. It's the point at which so many dieters get discouraged and quit, but not me. I've been through this before, and I know. Now's the time when the hardest work has been done, it time to see the reward come. I'm waiting for that pound or two a week to kick in. I should have weighed yesterday morning, but forgot, hopefully this AM.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Yup, you've been through this before, although your wiser it doesn't get any easier! Your reward will come, and the pounds will start melting off...hang tough my friend.

January 13, 2009 4:16 AM  
Blogger greentigress said...

cool that you have lost some weight now! do you weigh once a week only? i really recommend it!!!

January 13, 2009 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home