Saturday, February 28, 2009

Recap of the Last Week

Last Friday evening, I went out to get some dinner. As I walked into the local pizza place where I often get a meal, I saw that my regular waitress wasn't there and that the tables in the dining room were set up as one very long table. At first, I was unsure of what was going on, but one of the guys said it was OK for me to eat in the dining room. Over the next few minutes, the room got more crowded, then eventually filled up pretty completely. It turned out that the high school swim team was having dinner together after a meet, along with many of their parents. It made for an interesting meal. Twice, I was offered some wine or beer by parents of the group. I declined, as I was going to be driving. Also, one parent saw what I was eating, a plate of linguini putanesca, and commented, "You must really like olives." I don't know if he didn't pick out the anchovies and the capers, two of the other big flavor adders, but I just said that I did. One of these times, especially if I have my son with me, I have to order aglio olio (I hope I spelled that right). We were talking about different sauces a few weeks back, and since he likes butter on spaghetti, it's something of a connection.
I did get a job application in to another school district to substitute, but need to get a couple more submitted. I was asked to get up there early next week to complete paperwork. So, things look good on that front.
Last night, I worked a birthday party, and one girl froze on the wall and wanted to come down. I brought her down and talked to her about how scary I found it the first couple of times I was up on the wall. She seemed to listen and take it in. The thing that made my night was seeing her on the wall later in the party. I guess the talk helped.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home