Monday, September 12, 2005

Thus begins the cross training

I spent a significant block of time yesterday walking and biking. My hope is to use this break from running to rehabilitate myself from the chronic case of plantar fasciitis that has been debilitating me.

My biking was croken into two segments, a leisurely hour and a moderate hour and 40 minutes, and I also walked for about 40 minutes. The combination of these things have left my legs feeling fatigued (though less severely than expected) . Spending a lot of on-bike time does mean that I feel it a bit when I sit, though from experience, I know that will diminish over the next couple of weeks.

The really important thing is that I did a long workout, so have done something to maintain my aerobic fitness. Also, since I was pedaling, I know I worked my legs, though mostly different muscles than those used for motion while running. I am hopeful that greater overall leg strength will result in faster times after I return to running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home