Saturday, February 11, 2006

On Track!

Last night, I spent an hour on the dreadmill - walking. I covered 5.3 miles. This morning, my foot felt fine. Today, I headed off to the gym in the afternoon and ran 4 miles easy on the mill. My feet were bugging me afterwards.

My friend who had run Boston (mentioned last week) suggested that I put orthotics in my shoes. I had them from my last bout with PF. His rationale was, "They may change the loadings on your feet and allow for better healing, even if they are worn only part of the time." The argument sounded reasonable, so I put on the boat shoes with the Spenco generic orthotics inside.

The other thing that seems to be keeping me on track is the fact that here in NJ, were getting pounded by our second significant snowfall of the season. If predictions are accurate, I should be able to ski on about 8 inches (20 cm) of snow by morning. That will let me do a long aerobic session without pounding the feet. as it seems now, life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home