Friday, March 17, 2006

Those $#@&ing Drivers!

I'd prepared a post yesterday about my bruised knuckles from my run, you won't find it here because it was lost due to some blogger &/or connection problems. On my morning run, at one of the lights, a woman in a small silver SUV was in the right lane and accelerated hard, bringing her now fast moving mirror within inches of my shoulder. My right hand moved down and out quickly, giving her vehicle a jab in the rear passenger door (and bruising my knuckles on my other hand). I think she may have stopped, because it seemed like traffic took a long time to clear the light. I had gotten in my 55 minutes though.

Today, it seems that Dirt Runner met up with her ilk, and doubtless his response, described as half a peace sign, is kinder to his hands, but I doubt it's as emphatic...frankly, I doubt is it's often noticed, given how unaware many drivers are.

2 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy!
Like the sargent said on the old television show, Hill Street Blues,"BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!" Please tell me you ran AGAINST traffic!!
Happy trails, Bruce

March 18, 2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Bruce,
I want to have the chance to dive out of the way of the careless driver, so yes, ALWAYS against traffic.

March 19, 2006 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home