Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lack of Dietary Magnesium Implicated In Several Chronic Conditions

I saw an interesting article, related to magnesium deficiency and how it's related to many serious and insidious conditions. One of the keys to what I saw in the article was that many plant based foods are rich in magnesium. Now, I am posting this article with the caveat that I am unfamiliar with the author and the source, but from my quick read, it seems to be well documented and doesn't seem to amount to someone who would benefit from the advice dispensed, so I feel pretty confident that it is good quality info. You can find the article here. One of the more interesting points in the article is that it seems that a diet poor in magnesium can cause insulin resistance. This may have significant implications for type 2 diabetes sufferers and in the prevention of development of new cases.

My thinking on these kinds of issues is that if adding foods rich in magnesium and other micro- and macro-nutrients is a safe and effective way to potentially avoid serious health conditions, wouldn't we be foolish not to do this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home