Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ya Tryin' Ta Make Me Feel Bad?

This morning, as I was doing my run, something caught my eye. It was shortly after my turn on the 35 minute loop. I glanced to my right, wondering what seemed to be pacing me. It was another runner. He was on the sidewalk on the other side of the road, I was in the roadway. My greeting to him was, "Ya Tryin' Ta Make Me Feel Bad?" His laughing reply was, "I just started." My pace picked up a bit, and I said, "Ego won't let you beat me." We paced each other steadily until the final intersection before my turn, when he shouted, "Buh-Bye." I also said, "Good-Bye" to him. Training groups are great, even when they're just an accident of circumstance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

"ya tryin to make me feel bad?" I said those same words the other day when a man pushing a double jogger passed me---going uphill.

April 27, 2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home